It is our ambition for the future to maintain the position of Finnova software solutions as the leading reference for end-to-end banking in our target markets and to continuously adapt to the circumstances of the industry. We want to enable banks, operating partners and selective intermediaries, together with third-party providers, to take digitalisation, industrialisation and regulation as an opportunity and to successfully position themselves in the new era of banking.
Principles of further product development
In the further development of the Finnova Banking Software, we are guided by the following objectives:
- Our product is the leading stable, flexible and easy-to-model banking software with the best total cost of ownership compared with competitors.
- The Finnova Banking Software is an integrated standard product, which is open for the integration of third-party systems and the development of customised solutions (custom development) via defined Integration Services. We thereby ensure end-to-end banking and remain flexible so that we can play an active role in the dynamic developments of digitalisation and industrialisation.
- Our aspiration is for our customers to be successful in the transformation of banking with regard to digital excellence, integration into the value-added chains of clients, and support of clients and advisors in the Finnova Banking Software, and we focus our efforts on this.
- Our product offers customers and BPO providers measurable quantitative and qualitative added value. This is maximised through a carefully selected and actively maintained partner ecosystem.
- The Finnova Banking Software uses state-of-the-art technology. It supports new, evolving operating models of the banks and BPO providers and optimally covers the requirements of mobility and contemporary user experience.
Strategic fields of action
The strategic hot topics are still the improvement of the digital experience, the use of information from data analytics for decision-making and the reduction of operative and compliance costs. With our strategic fields of action, we have defined clear focuses for development in order to support our customers and partners in the new era of banking with an open ecosystem. The efficiency advantages of a standard solution are thereby combined with the market differentiation of customised solutions.
Digitalisation affects all areas of banking, first and foremost the interaction between bank clients and service providers in the provision and improvement of the digital experience. Digital provision of services is spreading in B2B too, extending product ranges and processing. Established business models are under pressure, and banks need to develop strategies to determine which added value they want to and can offer their clients in the digitalised world of tomorrow. Each bank has a slightly different starting point and needs to define the best way for itself. In the coming years, Finnova will focus on supporting customer banks as they implement their digitalisation strategies.
On the one hand, this will be done through efficient, innovative standard products integrated into the core system on the bank's client interface (Client Engagement Suite). On the other hand, it will be based on the easy and fast integration of third-party products or customised developments (Open Platform). It goes without saying that the digitalisation of existing processes falls considerably short of the mark; bank clients need to start reflecting on how to adjust and revise processes accordingly.
With banks focusing on investment in client-oriented digitalisation projects and the general cost pressure, the industrialisation of the banking business, along with standardisation and automation of processes and outsourcing of sub-processes, is becoming increasingly important. Finnova follows the standardisation initiatives on the market closely with its investments. It implements processes and functionalities, which are becoming quasi-standards, cost-efficiently, thereby driving the further automation of the banking business forward.
Data, Analytics & Compliance
With the technological possibilities available, banks can obtain a competitive advantage through the systematic analysis of large quantities of structured and unstructured data, and the intelligent use of the results, be it in increasing revenue or in reducing risks in operative and strategic issues. Finnova thus increasingly relies on the use of analytical tools and supports banks in obtaining full transparency with regard to their own business, as well as in the implementation of regulations, transaction hedging and the processing or aggregation and provision of information for clients. Alongside the implementation of the various regulatory requirements, Finnova will continue to invest in its systems of insight, the Management Suite.
The optimal solution architecture in banking IT is a symbiosis of efficient, fully-integrated systems and various tailor-made, non-core systems for special applications. The core system ensures consistent data storage, offers a uniform client experience and enables a low TCO. With the connection of selected non-core systems, high-quality cutting-edge solutions that enable market differentiation can be integrated. Finnova is investing significantly in the expansion of the Open Platform, which will really simplify the opening up of the Core Suite to third-party systems and customised developments. Finnova will thereby offer its customers an efficient, agile ecosystem with which they can implement their own needs.