It is our ambition for the future to maintain the position of Finnova software solutions as the leading reference for end-to-end banking in our target markets and to continuously adapt to the circumstances of the industry. We want to enable banks, operating partners and selective intermediaries, together with third-party providers, to take digitalisation, industrialisation and regulation as an opportunity and to successfully position themselves in the new era of banking. In the coming years, we will continue to invest significantly in the product, services and solution portfolio.
With the Finnova Banking Software, we want to offer banks and operating partners an efficient, stable and flexible platform for modern end-to-end banking. At the heart of the strategic objectives lies the 'Systems of...' differentiation.
- Our Core Suite has the function of Systems of Record with a focus on reliable and efficient processing of transactions and consistent primary data storage. If, figuratively speaking, the Core Suite can be understood as the heart, then our Systems of Insight, the Management Suite, are the brain, providing control. The focus is on static control information – the longer, the more algorithmic and dynamic.
- We will further expand the Management Suite with corresponding analysis functions that banks can use to generate added value from their data, above all in client interaction, but also for control. Using the Finnova Analytical Framework (FAF), our customers are in a position to respond to individual issues such as fraud detection and prevention, client profiling or simulation. However, our aspiration goes much further: Finnova offers the banks the possibility of expanding the analytical framework step by step in the direction of a comprehensive solution, in accordance with their individual needs, the available knowhow, as well as their resources and possibilities in terms of staff, infrastructure and finances.
- On the client front, we will transform the Systems of Engagement from a multi-channel approach to an omni-channel approach, where client interaction can take place seamlessly across the channels. The Client Engagement Suite stands for ensuring the support of all client interactions across all channels. Integration capability is of central importance in the Systems of Engagement and is assured by the Open Platform. The changes in banking show us the importance of integrating banking services into a wider ecosystem. The Open Platform enables this integration with regard to all three named 'Systems of...' and furthermore offers everything that is necessary for the quality of integration, with security, stability and consistency as the most important characteristics.
- These strategic objectives for comprehensive end-to-end banking require consistent data storage and stringent process orchestration. With the shift of the banking business towards digital channels, a seamless, cross-channel user experience needs to be achieved. At the same time, the digital support of client advisors in personal interaction with clients requires a new quality. In future, it should no longer matter via which channel clients communicate with the bank. The self-service channel will play a more prominent role in this. Clients should be able to receive advice, open products and manage their data independently. The Vision of a Digital Experience Platform.
The possibilities of a seamless, end-to-end process orchestration, which go beyond the borders of individual financial institutions, open up new perspectives in the cooperation between the bank and its clients. An overall view of the clients and their processes is required to ensure a consistent user experience. The figure below illustrates both the required process synchronisation across the client channels and the process orchestration between the individual systems. In order to be able to guarantee consistent data storage, primary data storage is ensured in the Systems of Record and Core Suite at all times.
Principles of further product development
In the further development of the Finnova Banking Software, we are guided by the following objectives:
- Our product is the leading stable, flexible and easy-to-model banking software with the best total cost of ownership compared with competitors.
- It is an integrated standard product, which is open for the integration of third party systems and the development of customised solutions (custom development) via defined Integration Services. We thereby ensure end-to-end banking so that we can play an active role in the dynamic developments of digitalisation and industrialisation.
- Our aspiration is for our customers to be successful in the transformation of banking with regard to digital excellence, integration into the value-added chains of clients, and support of clients and advisors in the Finnova Banking Software, and we focus our efforts on this.
- Our product offers customers and BPO providers measurable quantitative and qualitative added value. This is maximised through a carefully selected and actively maintained partner ecosystem.
- The Finnova Banking Software uses state-of-the-art technology. It supports new, evolving operating models of the banks and BPO providers and optimally covers the requirements of mobility and contemporary user experience.
Strategic fields of action
The strategic hot topics are still the improvement of the digital experience, the use of information from data analytics for decision-making and the reduction of operative and compliance costs. With our strategic fields of action, we have defined clear focuses for development in order to support our customers and partners in the new era of banking with an open ecosystem. The efficiency advantages of a standard solution are thereby combined with the market differentiation of customised solutions.
Digitalisation affects all areas of banking, first and foremost the interaction between bank clients and service providers in the provision and improvement of the digital experience. In B2B too, digital provision of services is spreading, extending product ranges and processing. Established business models are under pressure, and banks need to develop strategies to determine which added value they want to and can offer their clients in the digitalised world of tomorrow. Every bank has a slightly different starting point and needs to define the best way for itself. In the coming years,
Finnova will focus on supporting customer banks as they implement their digitalisation strategies. On the one hand, this will be done through efficient, innovative standard products integrated into the core system on the bank's client interface (Client Engagement Suite). On the other hand, it will be based on the easy and fast integration of third-party products or customised developments (Open Platform). It goes without saying that the digitalisation of existing processes falls considerably short of the mark; bank clients need to start reflecting on how to adjust and revise processes accordingly.
With banks focusing on investment in client-oriented digitalisation projects and the general cost pressure, the industrialisation of the banking business, along with standardisation and automation of processes and outsourcing of partial processes, is becoming increasingly important. Finnova follows the standardisation initiatives on the market closely with its investments. It implements processes and functionalities, which are becoming quasi-standards, cost-effectively, thereby driving forward the automation of the banking business.
Data, Analytics & Compliance
With the technological possibilities available, banks can obtain a competitive advantage through the systematic analysis of large quantities of structured and unstructured data, and the intelligent use of the results, be it in increasing revenue or in reducing risks in operative and strategic issues. Therefore, Finnova increasingly relies on the use of analytical tools. In doing so, it supports banks in achieving full transparency with regard to their own business. It helps with the implementation of regulations, transaction hedging and the processing, aggregation and provision of information for clients. Alongside the implementation of the various regulatory requirements, Finnova will continue to invest in its systems of insight, the Management Suite.
The optimal solution architecture in banking IT is a symbiosis of efficient, fully-integrated systems and various tailor-made, non-core systems for special applications. The core system ensures consistent data storage, offers a uniform client experience and enables a low TCO. With the connection of selected non-core systems, high-quality cutting-edge solutions that enable market differentiation can be integrated. Finnova is investing significantly in the expansion of the Open Platform, which will really simplify the opening up of the Core Suite to third-party systems and customised developments. Finnova will thereby offer its customers an efficient, agile ecosystem with over 80 partners, with which they can implement their own needs.